Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Song Of The Month - July

I don't know about you, but I have always been quiet a big Arctic Monkeys fan!

Their early years were 'the shit'.
I listened to 'Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not' and 'Favourite Worst Nightmare' like there was no tomorrow! 

The first song I heard When The Sun Goes Down, and the 12 year old me went nuts for it! Now I listen to them a lot less, but when I do I have such fond memories from my high school years that it's impossible to shut them out of my 'add to playlist' list. 

I used to sit in English class and sing Flourescent Adolescent with my best friend over and over before we walked home singing Teddy Picker and Balaclava. I think my bebo even had a couple of Arctic Monkeys songs featured in my profile. 

Oh yeah, back in the bebo days I was all for the Arctic Monkeys!

With a lot of high school bands, the more albums they made the older they got and the more their music taste and genre taste differed, meaning a lot of bands went 'to pot' because people loved them for the stuff they made as we were teenagers! So for the Arctic Monkeys to still be selling out shows with no hassle really shows how talented they are, adjusting for themselves and still producing music the fans love.

One of my favourite songs is from their 2006 album 'Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not'. Mardy Bum made me laugh and I loved it, the lyrics were fantastic and it was so catchy, I still use the words Mardy Bum and sing it when people are miserable to this day! So it's definitely impacted my life enough to remember the lyrics 9 years after it's original release!

Really fond of this band, and this month they're my listen!








No comments:

Post a Comment